This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Kale Chips

We got 2 big bunches of kale in our Bountiful Basket this past week. We've used almost a whole bunch in our smoothies, but with tomorrow being another Bountiful Baskets day, today is clean out the fridge day. I couldn't believe that I hadn't posted the recipe for my kale chips yet. They are awesome! They are great plain, or (my favorite) dipped in hummus. Mmmmmm. My kids love them and they never last long.

1 bunch kale, washed, dried
olive oil
salt
garlic powder
onion powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You only use the leafy part of kale, so rip it off and tear it into chip size pieces. Drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle with the salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix it so all the kale pieces are equally coated. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges start to brown.

These really are a science. You bake them for 10 seconds too short and they are not crispy, you bake them for 10 seconds too long and they burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment