This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Pear Honey


Recipe from Paula Deen


My kids L.O.V.E. pear honey. They get so excited when I start making another batch. We even planted a pear tree in our backyard for this recipe. It's awesome!
16 cups (about 6 pounds) peeled, cored, and chopped pears
1 - 20-ounce can crushed pineapple with syrup
10 - cups sugar (I know, I know, but it's "honey")
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Chop pears in a blender or food processor. Mix all ingredients and cook until pears are tender and mixture thickens, approximately 30minutes - 1 hour. Place in sterilized jars and seal while hot. Process jars in a water bath to can properly. 10 minutes for pints and 5 minutes for half pints. Remove from hot water bath and place on a dishcloth and let sit overnight to make sure jars have sealed properly. If the jars have not sealed, which is rare you can reprocess jars.


Yields 12-16 half pint jars or 6-8 pint size.

No comments:

Post a Comment