This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Gel Laundry Soap



• 1/2 bar Fels Naptha or other type of soap.
• ½ cup washing soda
• ½ cup borax powder
• You will also need a small bucket (about 2-gallon size)
Grate the soap and put it in a saucepan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel. You use ½ cup per load.

• The soap is a low-suds soap. So, if you don't see suds, that is okay. Suds do not do the cleaning, it is the ingredients in the soap.

When it cools it tends to gel up into a solid. I squish it through my fingers until I'm able to scoop it with a measuring cup.

1 comment:

  1. You make your own dish soap, right? I would LOVE that recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete