This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Blackberry Chipotle Glaze

From www.sbcanning.com

You know the Raspberry Chipotle glaze you can buy at Costco? Well, this is like that with blackberries. Pretty tasty. One suggestion I have that I learned from Rachael Ray: You only need about a 10th of the Chipotle can. To get the most bang for your buck, purée or chop fine the rest of the can. Put it in a quart freezer bag. Make a "log" of chipotle purée at the bottom of the bag. Freeze. Next time you need some it's easy to cut 1 TBS, or whatever you need off the log and put it back in the freezer. No wasting money!
FYI- this recipe only makes 1 pint, so I didn't even process it. I just put it in a Tupperware container and stuck it in the fridge. If you are wanting to stockpile it, process it.

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chilies in adobo, seeds removed
3 packages (6 ounces each) Blackberries
3/4 cups balsamic vinegar
1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onions 4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in chipotle chilies and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add blackberries, vinegar, sugar and salt, stir until blended. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer 35 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2 cups. Remove from heat. Pour into blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Strain mixture to remove seeds. Return to heat and reduce for another 10 minutes.

Ladle into 2 half pint sterilized jars leaving 1/4 headspace. Wipe rims with a wet papertowel and add hot lids/rings. Process in water bath for 15 minutes at a full boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment