This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Baked Eggplant Sticks

Recipe from Skinnytaste.com

Let me just say, after trying this recipe, I have planted not 1, but 2 eggplant starts in my garden this year. Yes, it's THAT good!

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4 • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 1 pt
Calories: 86.9 • Fat: 2.9 • Carbs: 0.7 g • Fiber: 2.9 • Protein: 4.3 g • Sugar: 0
Sodium: 202.4

Ingredients:
10 oz eggplant
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 large egg white
oil spray
1 cup quick marinara sauce for dipping (extra points)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.

Cut ends off the eggplant. Slice eggplant in half, then into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay each slice on the cutting board and cut into 1/4 inch strips. Be sure to cut all the strips the same size so they cook evenly.

Place eggplant strips in a bowl and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.

Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl, and egg whites in another.

Dip a few strips of eggplant at a time into the egg whites, then into the breadcrumbs. Using a fork, remove eggplant from crumbs and place on the baking sheets. Spray with more oil and bake 10 minutes in the middle rack.

Turn over and bake an additional 5 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment