This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Almost-Famous Green Bean Fries

I made about 8 thousand of these today and I'm freezing them in serving size packages. I fried some up and oh. My. Goodness. They are good. They taste JUST like the green bean fries at TGIFridays. Next time I cook some up I plan on spraying them with cooking spray and baking them in the oven. I'll post an update when I try it. Just hoping to cut down on the fat. :-)
FYI- Don't leave out the horseradish. I did on accident, and we were pretty dissapointed with the dip. Later, when I realized. I added it to our leftovers, and wowsers, what a difference. I'm not a fan of horseradish myself (as in I NEVER eat it) but this dip is seriously lacking without it.

Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine
Prep Time:1 hr 0 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:15 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
2-4 servings

Ingredients
For the Dip:
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup peeled, seeded,chopped cucumber
1 tablespoon horseradish, drained
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons wasabi powder (found in the spice aisle or with the Asian foods)
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Kosher salt
For the Beans:
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup instant flour (such as Wondra)
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 teaspoon onion powder teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Kosh er salt and freshly ground black pepper
Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
Directions
Make the dip: Puree the dressing, cucumber, horseradish, milk, vinegar, wasabi powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste in a blender until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prepare the beans: Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the beans with a slotted spoon and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking. Let cool in the water, then drain and pat dry.
Whisk the egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Put 1/2 cup flour in another shallow bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs, the remaining 1/2 cup flour, the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste in another bowl.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the green beans in the flour and shake off the excess. One at a time, dip the beans in the egg mixture, dredge in the breadcrumb mixture and lay on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze until the coating is set, about 30 minutes.
Heat 3 inches oil in a deep pot over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F. Fry the green beans in batches until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the beans with tongs or a skimmer to a rack or paper towels to drain. Serve with the dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment