This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, Macadamia Cookies

This recipe is modified from the recipe on the back of the Nestle package. I substituted Agave for ALL the sugar. The final result is a cross between gooey, chocolate cookies and shortbread cookies. I LOVE them! I especially love that I didn't add 1 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar.

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shortening
1 1/4 cup agave nectar*
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla (I actually forgot to add this)
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1 package chocolate chips
1 package macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix everything together. You can cream you shortening, agave, and eggs together and then add everything else, but I didn't :-)
Drop by rounded tablespoons full onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I found it helpful to press them down a bit because they don't spread. I baked them for exactly 11 minutes. The tops were lightly brown. Cool on wire racks.


*FYI- I don't know if this is true, but I've heard some agave nectar is actually corn syrup. So read the ingredients list before you buy it! Sams and Costco definitely sell real agave.

No comments:

Post a Comment