This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Pumpkin Custard (Pie)

I got this recipe from my Aunt Nancy. It is seriously the best pumpkin. pie. ever.
Gluten Free if you use a gluten free crust.

1 can (15 ounces) 100% pure pumpkin or 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 large eggs, plus 2 yolks (or 3 eggs)
2/3 cup canned evaporated milk
2 T. vanilla
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup sugar, or brown sugar or a mixture of both
9-inch pie shell, baked
Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Heat oven to 300 degrees. In a
saucepan, heat pumpkin, salt and spices to blend flavors, about 5 minutes.
Add milks; cook until heated through. Purée eggs and yolks in a blender.
With blender running, add pumpkin filling a spoonful at a time at first,
then faster as eggs heat up; blend to form a silky texture. Pour warm
filling into prebaked pie shell. Bake until a thin-bladed knife inserted
near center of pie comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and
let cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment