This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Cowboy Candy

This is a great way to use up a lot of jalapenos if you have them coming out your ears! These are great on cream cheese and served with crackers, on burgers, nachos, macaroni and cheese, and any other way you can think of to eat them. The combo of sweet and spicy is delicious!


1 lbs fresh jalapenos
2/3 cup cider vinegar
2 cups sugar
2 Tbs mustard seed
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 Tbs garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper


Slice jalapenos. Mix cider vinegar, sugar, turmeric, celery and mustard seed, garlic, and cayenne to boil. Reduce for 5 minutes to a simmer. Add jalapenos and simmer for 5 minutes more. Load sterilized jars with jalapenos first and add liquid filling the jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process in a water bath for 15 minutes. Makes 2 pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment