This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Pizza sauce

Adapted from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
http://burprecipes.blogspot.com/2011/09/pizza-or-pasta-sauce.html


This is a great recipe, but I think next time I will leave out the anise. I'm not a big fan of black licorice and it's flavor is very similar to that.



 13 cups fresh tomato puree (about 9 pounds of fresh tomatoes)
1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
4 tsp Italian seasoning
3 tsp Aleppo pepper (can substitute 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes)
3 tsp garlic powder
4 tsp cracked anise
1 tsp salt


If canning the sauce, prepare water bath canner, jars and lids.


Place 6 cups of the tomato puree in a large non-reactive sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.


Add remaining tomato puree one cup at a time, being certain to keep the puree at a constant boil (this step tempers the tomatoes, preventing the unsightly separation of the juice from the pulp later on). Stir in lemon juice and seasonings until thoroughly combined.


Allow the mixture to boil vehemently for 25-30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.


Ladle hot sauce into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Remove air bubbles with a non-metallic spatula, and maintain head space by adding sauce if needed. Wipe rim of canning jar to remove debris, center hot lid on jar, and screw on band until finger-tip tight. Process pint jars in a water bath canner for 35 minutes (quarts for 40 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment