This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Chicken-Mango Curry

This recipe I found in a Family Fun Magazine. I tried it and it is FANTASTIC! If you like Indian food then you will love this recipe. AND it is so easy because it is a crock pot meal!


Ingredients:


1 (14oz) can coconut milk (I use the lite)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 inch section of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 TBS tomato paste
1 1/2 TBS curry powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 orange pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups frozen mango cubes (I use 2 fresh mangos)
1/2 cup roasted cashews
juice of 1/2 lime
1/3 cup chopped cilantro




Stir together the first nine ingredients in the slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn it over a few times so that it is well coated. Put the sweet potato, onion, and peppers on top of the chicken.
Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 7-9 hours on low.
Stir the mango, cashews, and lime juice into the curry, then cover and heat just until the mango is no longer frozen. (About 20 minutes)
Serve the curry with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment