This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Zesty Salsa

10 cups chopped, cored, peeled tomatoes (I don't peel mine. I'm a rebel. It turns out great for us)
5 cups chopped, seeded bell peppers
5 cups chopped onion
2 1/2 cups chopped, seeded jalapenos (or any other spicy pepper you like)
1 1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 
2 TBS finely chopped cilantro 
1 TBS salt
6 pint jars with lids and bands

-Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready to use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
-Combine tomatoes, green peppers, onions, jalapenos, vinegar, garlic, cilantro, and salt in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
-Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace by adding more salsa, if needed. Wipe rim, center on lid and apply band until it is finger tight.
-Process pint jars in a boiling water bath canner for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment