This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Asian Inspired Orange Cooking Sauce ( for canning)



4 pounds (about 5 cups) prepared orange fruit and zest***
2 c brown sugar
1c white sugar
1/2 c honey
3/4 c diced onion
2 T mustard seed
1T fresh ginger paste
1T minced garlic
1T tamari soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1T red chilli flakes ( add more if you like spicy)
1c apple cider vinegar
1T Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste (has green chili, garlic, lemongrass, galangal, salt, shallot, spices, kaffir lime) or 1 T Chinese 5 spice powder


*** zest oranges with veggies peeler ( avoid any white pith) and julliene, set aside. Remove all pith from fruit and chop, reserving juice, and combine with zest. Measure 3 cups of fruit/zest mixture and 3 cups of water into a heavy pot and simmer on low for an hour until fruit and zest is soft and volume has reduced to 5 cups. Add onions and simmer for 10 minutes or until onions are soft.
Add the rest of the ingredients, simmer for 15 minutes. Blend with stick blender so its mostly smooth with just a few zest strips remaining for texture.
Ladle hot sauce into jars leaving 1/4in headspace and process for 20 minutes in Boiling Water Bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment