This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Tomatillo Green Salsa

-5 cups chopped tomatillos
-1/2 cup seeded, finely chopped jalapenos (I NEVER seed them, add extra jalapenos and it is STILL not spicy enough for Bryan :-))
-4 cups chopped onions (3 cups yellow and 1 cup red)
-1 cup bottled lemon juice
-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
-1 TBS salt
-1 tsp black pepper

Remove outer husks of the tomatillos and wash thoroughly. They do not need to be peeled or seeded. Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and stir frequently over high heat until mixture begins to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle hot into clean, hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Remove air bubbles and adjust head space if needed. Wipe rims clean with a dampened, clean paper towel and apply 2 piece metal canning lids. Process in a boiling water bath canner for 12 minutes. Makes 3 pints.

(I usually triple, quadruple, etc the recipe and store in quart jars instead. I then process them for 25 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment