This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Skinless Chicken Thighs in Red Wine Vinegar

Ingredients:

8 skinless chicken thighs with skin removed
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1 tbspn honey
1 tbpsn tomato paste
1 tspn butter
1 onion sliced thinly (she used shallots, I couldn’t find any)
2 cloves garlic sliced thinly
1/2 cup dry white wine (or you can just use more chicken broth)
2 tbspn Light Sour Cream
2 tbspn Parsley (fresh)
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Pat your chicken dry and season it well with salt and pepper
Meanwhile combine the red wine vinegar, 3/4 cup of the chicken broth, honey and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Bring down to a simmer and reduce down to about 3/4 cup. Remove from heat


Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the chicken on both sides. About 6-8 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until tender and browned.


Return the chicken to the pan and pour the red wine vinegar sauce over the chicken. Add salt and pepper, remaining broth and wine to the pan and cover. Let simmer 20 minutes
Remove the chicken and add the sour cream in. Stir until thickened and add parsely. Serve over chicken.
I served this with veggies and mashed potatoes. The sauce made an amazing gravy for the mashed potatoes and this was even good as leftovers the next day. This is definitely a keeper recipe in our household and I love that it uses simple, basic ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment