This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Honey Lime Chicken

1 pound chicken
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T honey
juice of one small lime, or half a large lime (2-3 T)
zest of one small lime, or half a large lime
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

1.) In a large ziploc bag, combine all the marinade ingredients. When everything is well-combined, add the chicken, squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag, and close it up. Place it in the fridge.

2.) Let the chicken marinate for 60 minutes to overnight, flipping the bag around, so that all the chicken stay evenly covered in the marinade.

3.) When you’re ready to cook, take the chicken out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; there is no need to add any oil or butter to the pan, as the marinade has enough oil in it to keep the chicken from sticking to the pan. (If you would prefer to use the grill for these, you can thread them onto skewers and toss them on the grill at this point.)

4.) Add your chicken to the pan in a single layer, making sure they are not too crowded; you can always cook them in more than one batch. Cook until no longer pink on the inside, flipping once. Remove from the pan, and serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment