This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Zucchini Surprise (Mock Apple Crisp)

I got this recipe from my neighbors. I say neighbors because it's floating around the neighborhood at the moment! Kinsey couldn't get enough and was exclaiming, "There is no way this is zucchini! It's too good. There's NO WAY!"

8 cups zucchini (remove peel and seeds, cut in chunks)
2/3 cup lemon juice
Cook zucchini in lemon juice until tender (10 minutes or so)
Add in 1 cup of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon (I added more cinnamon and some nutmeg)
Cook a little longer. (I did 4 more minutes)
Add in 1/2 cup of crumb mixture to thicken above ingredients


Crumb mixture:
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 sticks butter

Mix with a fork or pastry blender. Pa 1/2 of mixture in bottom of a 9x13 pan and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and pour zucchini mixture on top. Sprinkle with remaining crumble. Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees until light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment