This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Basic Rolled Biscuits

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
6 Tbs butter, cut into cubes and chilled
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk

Pulse dry ingredients in food processor, then drop in cubes of chilled butter. Pulse until butter resembles breadcrumbs, then add milk. Pulse until dough comes together as one mass. Not longer. Do not allow the butter to melt or form a blended paste with the flour. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times.
Roll dough 1/2 inch thick into a rectangle, then cut into squares (or cut into round circles). Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment