This is a collection of my favorite recipes. This blog is mainly for me. I wanted a place to keep all my recipes where I could pull up the recipe where ever I may be from my phone or computer. These are recipes I have TRIED and LOVED. I have a LONG waiting list of recipes I want to try that I hope to add soon. I have collected these recipes over the years and unfortuantely do not remember where I got all of them. If I know the source I have given credit where credit is due. If you stumble across my blog and find YOUR recipe, please let me know and I will give you the credit!

Zupas Chicken Enchilada Chili Soup

  • This is Kinsey's absolutely favorite soup at Zupas and she says this copy cat recipe tastes just like the real thing. This is the link to the recipe http://burntapple.com/2014/03/19/zupas-chicken-enchilada-chili-soup/

  • Ingredients2 cups cooked chicken, cut into very small bite sized pieces small onion, chopped
  • 1 10oz can mild green chile sauce
  • 1 10oz can mild red chile sauce
  • 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
  • 1 15oz can black or white beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (for dairy free this can be omitted)
  • 2 tbsp flour (for gluten free, substitute cornstarch or arrowroot powder)
  • 2 tbsp butter (can use non dairy vegan butter for dairy free)
  • 1 15oz can evaporated milk (can substitute non dairy milk if needed)
  • 2 cups broth
Instructions
  1. In a large pan set to medium low heat, stir together the chicken, onion, green chile sauce, red chile sauce, tomato sauce, green chiles, beans, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cover and allow mixture to warm while you make the sauce. Stir occasionally.
  2. In a small saucepan set to medium heat, stir together the 2 tablespoons flour and butter until a smooth lump forms. Stir in the milk and continue cooking until mixture thickens.
  3. Slowly add the milk mixture into the chili, stirring to combine. Stir in the cheese if using and continue cooking until melted.
  4. Slowly add up to two cups of broth if needed to thin. You will want this recipe to have the consistency of soup which will be thinner than a traditional chili recipe.
  5. Serve garnished with additional cheese, tortilla strips, cilantro, or sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment